Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week best patch your iPhones and iPads as Apple has discovered three zero-day vulnerabilities, it has been estimated that the alleged NSA hackers could have sold the zero day exploits for over $100,000, consumer password sharing is now illegal, and more!
- Apple releases 'Emergency' Patch after Advanced Spyware Targets Human Rights Activist
- Alleged NSA hackers probably gave away a small fortune by leaking exploits
- Why Sharing Passwords is Now Illegal and What This Means for Employers and Digital Businesses
- WhatsApp is going to share your phone number with Facebook
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Nonprofits looking to get proactive with a strategic security approach, check this out!
Cleveland GiveCamp: Growing security awareness among nonprofit organizations
This week the US National Security Agency has become the target of an apparent data breach, researchers have uncovered a new wave of attacks targeting industrial and engineering companies, Eddie Bauer is the latest POS malware attack vic...Continue reading
This week we want to re-highlight the importance of enforcing a least-privilege model of access control for employees across your organization or enterprise. Also, of course, hackers are "going for gold" at the 2016 Olympics; experts are...Continue reading
This week cybercrime infrastructure has been ramped up for the Olympics, hackers have taken down Overwatch and other Blizzard games Tuesday, FBI 'Double Agent' pleads guilty to selling 'classified information', hackers are messi...Continue reading