Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week a massive DDoS attack against popular Domain Name System (DNS) service provider Dyn is causing a major uproar, Weebly and Foursquare are the latest victims of a major data breach that will put them on the "Mega-Breaches" list, the United States Secret Service is coming under heavy criticism after government audit findings show some serious information security failings, and more!
- Massive DDoS Attack Against Dyn DNS Causes Major Outages to Popular Sites
- DYN Restores Service after DDoS Attack Downed Twitter, Spotify, Others
- Ex-NSA Contractor Stole 50 TB of Classified Data; Includes Top-Secret #Hacking Tools
- Over 43 Million Weebly Accounts Hacked; Foursquare Also Hit By Data Breach
- US DNC hackers blew through SIX zero-days vulns last year alone
- US Secret Service Under Fire Over Security Failings
- Guccifer Sent Back To Romanian Prison
- Security Summit Week is next week! Be sure to visit us at our booth on October 27th and 28th and check out Tom Kopchak and Steve McMaster's presentation on Thursday!
"Compliance and Audits: A Study in Tongues and Dialects" Presentation
Full Information Security Summit Schedule
- Locky Ransomware Learns New Evasive Tricks
- Worldwide security technology revenue to surpass $100 billion in 2020
- Dirty COW explained: Get a moooo-ve on and patch Linux root hole
- 3.2 Million Debit Cards Likely Compromised by Indian Malware Campaign
- From Chasing Alerts to Hunting Threats: What Makes an Effective SOC is Evolving
- It's finally happened: Hackers are coming for home routers en masse
- Bypassing ASLR in 60 Milliseconds
This week there's a lot of talk surrounding IoT, as the "Internet of Things" is rapidly growing and therefore becoming an increasingly more attractive target for hackers. There are some seemingly strange things going on with iPhone 7s an...Continue reading
This week discussion about the Yahoo data breach is swirling around, more details about the Swift banking network attacks are emerging, hackers get up close and personal with white house staffer's email, the FBI is saying there have been...Continue reading
This week the discussion of cybersecurity and its threat to America's military power continues, teen hacks (and owns) a bunch of government FTP servers, healthcare is still getting hammered by ransomware, Chinese hackers steal millions i...Continue reading