Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week more news is surrounding the shift in Russia's nation-state hacking machine, on another note, Russia is saying it has uncovered massive cyberattack plans against the country's financial system, Mirai botnet has struck again with a siege affecting Post Office and TalkTalk customers, worldwide computer hacking is now easier for the FBI with the changes introduced to Rule 41, and more!
- Mandia: Russian State Hackers Changed The Game
- Russia Says Foreign Spies Plotted Huge Cyberattack
- Sh... IoT just got real: Mirai botnet attacks targeting multiple ISPs
- Shamoon malware returns to again wipe Saudi-owned computers
- Why You Shouldn't Fear The Malware That Compromised A Million Google Accounts
- China's Business-Unfriendly Cybersecurity Stance
- Rule 41 -- FBI Gets Expanded Power to Hack any Computer in the World
- Avalanche Botnet Comes Tumbling Down In Largest-Ever Sinkholing Operation
- Malware Tied to China Spotted Attacking Taiwanese Government Networks
- Anonymity Online: Trying Not to Fall Down the Stairs While Taking Your First Steps with Tor
blog post by Toby Deemer
- OPSEC and Privacy: Do more, say less.
blog post by Tony Robinson
ISACA Pittsburgh Information Security Day | "It was the best of logs, it was the worst of logs"
presentation by Tom Kopchak
- Bug Allows Activation Lock Bypass on iPhone, iPad
- Google's Project Zero tweaking Microsoft, because it did fix a bug
- Firefox and Tor users update now: 0-day exploit in the wild
- Tor Patched Against Zero Day Under Attack
- New Cerber Variant Leverages Tor2Web Proxies, Google Redirects
- Bypassing BitLocker during an upgrade
- Multiple Vulns in AirDroid Opens Millions to MITM, Hijacking
This week DHS and NIST released guidance documents designed to improve Internet of Things security, a recruitment site scraped user data from GitHub and leaked it through a misconfigured MongoDB database, a newly observed piece of ransom...Continue reading
This week Mirai botnet has recently fueled major DDoS attacks and is now targeting Liberian infrastructure, Task Force is suggesting that the US should prohibit private entities from "hacking back" but empower them with "active defense"...Continue reading
This week a massive DDoS attack against popular Domain Name System (DNS) service provider Dyn is causing a major uproar, Weebly and Foursquare are the latest victims of a major data breach that will put them on the "Mega-Breaches" list,...Continue reading