Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week the discussion of cybersecurity and its threat to America's military power continues, teen hacks (and owns) a bunch of government FTP servers, healthcare is still getting hammered by ransomware, Chinese hackers steal millions in Wall Street Tech firm breach, the National Conference of State Legislatures wants to give states flexibility to deal with cybersecurity, and more!
- Cybersecurity is threatening America’s military supremacy
- Teenager Hacks Hundreds Of U.S. Government FTP Servers
- Report: Healthcare Services Pay Nearly $100,000 to Ransomware Attacker
- Chinese Hackers Steal Millions in Wall Street Tech Firm Breach
- New legislation seeks to prevent U.S. voting systems from being hacked
- Florida Man Charged With Hacking Linux Servers
- Students Warned Of New 'Phishing' Scam
- Cyber Attacks Against Smart City Services May Pose Public Safety Threat
- State legislature group: Give states flexibility to deal with cybersecurity
- How flexible should your infosec model be?
- Hackers sell tool to spread malware through torrent files
- It's Not Only About Healthcare: BitSight Reports Ransomware Has Infected Many Industries
- Five strategies for creating a culture of information security
- 7 Factors That Make Security Organizations More Effective
This week news has emerged about large nation states testing defenses of companies that run critical parts of the Internet, new DNC documents were dumped and Secretary of State Colin Powell's private emails were leaked by Guccifer 2.0, i...Continue reading
This week Apple is strategically pushing users further into a wireless world, United States intelligence agencies are investigating a potential Russian covert operation aimed at the upcoming elections, two men in connection with hacking...Continue reading
This week best patch your iPhones and iPads as Apple has discovered three zero-day vulnerabilities, it has been estimated that the alleged NSA hackers could have sold the zero day exploits for over $100,000, consumer password sharing is...Continue reading