Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week a group that used to focus on government targets is now attacking companies too, the storm is still brewing over the DNC breach, new presidential policy directive solidifies federal government policy for cyberattack response, Apple security bug is the latest reason to move beyond passwords, and more!
- Cyberespionage group sets its sights on multiple industries
- Russia Likely Behind DNC Breach, Says FBI
- Obama Issues Federal Government Policy For Cyberattack Response
- Kimpton Hotel Chain Investigating Possible Payment Card Breach
- Yahoo Ordered to Explain Data Gathering Procedures in Deleted Email Case
- Apple security bug: the latest reason to move beyond passwords
- Check out our latest Splunk-savvy blog post:
"Data Latency: 4 things it can tell you about your Splunk data"
by Ryan O'Connor
- In Security, Know That You Know Nothing
- Ransomware protection -- what you may be missing
- How Hackers Can Infect Apple Macs To Steal iPhone Photos
- KeySniffer Lets Hackres Steal Keystrokes from Wireless Keyboards
- QRLJacking -- Hacking Technique to Hijack QR Code Based Quick Login System
- How To Stay Safe On The Black Hat Network: 'Don't Connect To It'
This week reports are showing that massive DDoS attacks are becoming the new normal, threats are being made by DDoS attackers against Pokémon Go, government requests for user data are continuing to increase, Cicis Pizza delivers the bad...Continue reading
This week the Chinese government is believed to have hacked into the computers at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Facebook is once again in the midst of fighting a lawsuit, new ransomware is taking money and deleting files any...Continue reading
This week a recent arrival on the ransomware scene shares similarities with the well-known Locky malware, a new malware tailored for Apple Mac systems opens a backdoor giving full reign over your machine, the European Union has now passe...Continue reading