Information Security News
Make sure you’re not missing out on the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web.
This week we're continuing to be reminded of the importance of changing passwords from LinkedIn's massive data breach, the hospital that was hit by ransomware is facing second pay-up demand, a smaller group of the Anonymous hackers are using their hacking skills and and stock market knowledge to make a difference in another way, and more!
- LinkedIn is Latest Contributor to Breach Fatigue
- Ransomware-hit hospital faces second demand despite paying up
- Beware of Fake USB Chargers that Wirelessly Record Everything You Type, FBI Warns
- NBA Players' Financial Data Exposed In BEC Email Scam
- Amazon Users Targets of Massive Locky Spear-Phishing Campaign
- ACLU joins Microsoft fight against secret government demands for customer data
- Anonymous Hackers Turned Stock Analysts Are Targeting US, Chinese Corporations
- 12 more banks now being investigated over Bangladeshi SWIFT heist
- Check out our latest blog post!
"Splunk: Limiting Real-Time Searches and Maximizing Performance Gainz"
by Brian Cusick
This week (users beware) we're being reminded that phishing isn't going away, the top three ransomware target countries have been listed, hacker GhostShell is back and leaking data, a click-fraud botnet now infects almost one million com...Continue reading
This week Twitter moves itself away from American intelligence services, second SWIFT attack hits Vietnam bank and shows signs of being connected to the Sony hack, Congress dumps Yahoo due to inefficiency in preventing phishing, UserVoic...Continue reading
This week 10-year-old hacks Instagram and gets big reward from Facebook, a couple major DDoS attacks target banks, the discussion of what's lawful or not when it comes to the protection of PINs and prints continues, other industries (bes...Continue reading