Information Security News
In the information security world, it's important to keep updated about the latest trends, news, and strategies to keep you and your enterprise safe. The Beacon includes the best weekly collection of Information Security News, Security Headlines, Software Updates, and General Technology Articles from around the web. When you subscribe, you will receive a quick and simple email (including the latest cyber security news, along with Hurricane Labs exclusives) right in your inbox every Friday. It's hassle free too. We know you don't like spam and we don't either. We'll never share your email address with anyone and unsubscribing is easy!
This week we've created a blog-screencast tutorial series that may be of interest to Splunk developers looking to learn how to best utilize Custom Endpoints in Splunk, so make sure to check that out. Also, researchers are claiming they can accurately copy fingerprints from digital photos, which draws concerns to the potential undermining of biometric authentication. In other news, ransomware is still on the rise, Splunk has been ranked number one in Worldwide IT Operations Analytics Software Market Share for second year in a row, and more!
Ready to unravel the mystery surrounding Custom Endpoints in Splunk? Check out Ian's latest tutorial series!
- Peace Sign Pics Could Give Hackers Your Fingerprints
- Deloitte: Machine Learning to Soar in IoT as DDoS Attacks Top 10 Million
- Ransomware Creeps Are Now Cold Calling Their Victims
- Elasticsearch Servers Latest Target of Ransom Attacks
- Mobile Forensics Firm Cellebrite Hacked
- Ukraine Power Outage Confirmed as Cyber Attack
- LA School Pays $28,000 Ransomware Bill
- ISACA Issues NIST Cybersecurity Framework Audit
- Splunk Ranked #1 in Worldwide IT Operations Analytics Software Market Share for Second Year in a Row
- Hot Tech Stocks To Watch Right Now: Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI), Splunk Inc. (SPLK)
- Understanding the Benefits of Security Abstraction
- Isolation Based Security Provides Prevention and Enhances Incident Response
- The ART of Making Threat Intelligence Actionable
- Dyn: UK Orgs Suffer from Lack of Visibility Beyond the Network
- Over 27,000 MongoDB Databases Held For Ransom Within A Week
- Google caps punch-yourself-in-the-face malicious charger hack
- Serious Flaws Found in Aerospike Database Server
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security
- Adaptive Authentication on the Rise as 2FA Fervor Wanes
- Google Broadens Encryption Options with Cloud Key Management
- Facebook Photo Scanning Information Revealed
- Enisa Report Looks to Boost Smart Car Security
- GoDaddy Forced to Revoke 9000 SSL Certs
This week there are a lot of 2017 predictions flying around... Make sure you read up about them to get your bearings and prepare for what lies ahead (and what's going on as we speak).
In case you missed this from the previous Beac
This week we have the "Internet of Things Blog Series Part 2"available for those interested in learning more about some of the "cool" connected devices and how they're being used. In InfoSec Headlines, cybersecurity professionals are tak...Continue reading
This week the Snowden leaks have revealed that the NSA has spied on air passengers for years, "Fancy Bear" -- the group of Russian cyberspies accused of interfering in the U.S. presidential election -- has allegedly targeted political pa...Continue reading